The Griffith Australia Day Awards recognise the unsung heroes in our community who make an extraordinary contribution through their voluntary work to the Southside community. To be eligible, nominees must carry out voluntary activities in the Griffith electorate.
The following criteria will be used to determine GADA recipients:
- Community influence: the nominee has shown initiative, has made achievements, and has inspired others.
- Dedication: the nominee has shown dedication through their commitment to and/or length of service, through the routines they have adopted, and through their reliability.
The award categories are as follows:
- Community, educational, or cultural: the nominee has contributed to community spirit, education, or cultural endeavours through their volunteering.
- Sports and recreation: the nominee has done their voluntary work through a sports or recreation club, or otherwise contributing to recreational activities in the community.
- Arts: the nominee has contributed to, or worked within, the arts as a volunteer.
- Young contributors: the nominee is an outstanding young person under the age of 25 who has gone above and beyond in contributing to their community as a volunteer.
- Small business: the nominee is part of a small business with an annual turnover of under $5 million per year which assists community groups in their fundraising efforts through donations or other similar support.
To let me know of the people you would like to be considered for an award click on this link.
Please submit your nominations by 15 January 2021. Awardees will be announced on Australia Day, 2021, with an award ceremony to be held at a later date.