Other News

Tax Help

August 04, 2019

If you need help lodging your tax return, refund of franking credits with myTax, an amendment or your non-lodgment advice, the ATO has a group of volunteers who can help you. Tax Help is available at my office from August to October to low income earners (around $60,000 or less) with simple tax affairs.

You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and you didn't:

  • work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
  • run a business, including as a sole trader
  • have partnership or trust matters
  • sell shares or an investment property
  • own a rental property
  • have capital gains tax (CGT)
  • receive royalties
  • receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
  • receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.

Our Tax Help volunteer will be available from 10am to 3pm on Mondays from 5 August to 28 October. Bookings are essential and appointments will run for 45 minutes.