EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST CLOSE FRIDAY, 14 FEBRUARY 2020
Grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 are available to eligible not-for-profit community organisations.
This funding can be used to:
• Purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers
• Contribute to volunteers’ fuel costs
• Contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive
• Assist with the costs of training courses for volunteers
• Undertake background screening checks for volunteers
In order to receive funding, grants must be used for activities that:
• Help community organisations to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
• Help community organisations to support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering
• Encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering
To receive a grant, at least 40 per cent of an organisation’s staff must be volunteers.
For more information about eligibility and grant criteria, please contact the office or visit
NOTE: Local funding has been limited by the Government. Nominated expressions of interest will be invited to formally apply for a grant, and the application will be assessed by the Department of Social Services.